We provide pain management treatment for a variety of different chronic pain disorders and draw on the expertise and services of a range of associated professions. We have ongoing relationships with medical specialists such as musculoskeletal physicians, rehabilitation specialists, psychiatrists, and some leading orthopaedic surgeons. We also work with physiotherapists with a special interest in chronic pain as well as occupational therapists.
We have a wide range of experience and use cutting edge approaches to help people adapt to different kinds of pain conditions. Our goal is to help pain sufferers manage their pain better and, where possible, to reduce the experience of pain directly. In situations where medication does not provide sufficient relief or where the pain condition is persistent, we apply a number of different approaches, and sometimes medical devices, designed to enable the person to improve the quality of their life.
Accessing ACC Funding for Pain Management
The ACC Pain Management Service is a fully funded multi-disciplinary service which is provided for ACC clients who are experiencing significant pain.
Eligibility for this service
To be eligible for the ACC Pain Management Service you must have an accepted ACC claim and have at least one of the following:
- Persistent pain that is preventing you from undertaking your usual activities, including work.
- A significant pain-related disability.
- You are at risk of developing a pain-related disability following an injury.
If you are eligible for this service, you will be seen by a multi-disciplinary team (MDT). An MDT is a group of health professionals, who specialise in pain, and who work together with you to help you achieve your goals. The MDT team can consist of:
- Occupational Therapists
- Medical Practitioners (Pain specialists, musculoskeletal specialists, occupational medicine physician, rehabilitation physician, psychiatrists)
- Registered Nurses
- Social Workers
Which health professionals are on your MDT is decided between yourself and the clinician who sees you for the initial assessment and is recorded in a treatment plan.
How to access this service through us
If you believe you fit the criteria above for entering the ACC Pain Management Service you can apply in one of two ways:
- Ask your ACC Case Owner to refer you to us for Pain Management.
- Contact us here and one of our friendly team members will contact you as soon as possible.