The eSense Temperature is a small micro sensor that connects to your Apple ® iOS or Android Device to measure Skin Temperature using a digital thermometer.
Handwarming Biofeedback Training is an especially effective and common biofeedback method. The temperature of our hands is connected to our stress level: When we are stressed, we tend to have cold hands.
The eSense Temperature sensor is attached to your finger. Immediate feedback enables you to voluntarily increase the skin temperature in your fingers, thus increasing your blood circulation, leading to relaxation and stress reduction.
The included Temperature Biofeedback App displays the Skin Temperature in multiple ways. You can export the measured temperature data via e-mail.
Skin Temperature Biofeedback basics:
The skin’s surface temperature changes according to blood circulation. The small blood vessels crossing through the tissue are surrounded by fibers of smooth muscle controlled by the sympathetic nervous system.
In a state of increased exertion, excitement and stress, these muscle fibers contract and narrow the blood vessels. This leads to a reduction of skin temperature because blood circulation is reduced. By contrast, in a resting or calm state, the muscles relax and the blood vessels expand. The skin temperature rises.
Mental stress often leads to a lower peripheral perfusion and a decrease in skin temperature at the hands. From an evolutionary point of view, this stress reaction serves to prepare us to “fight or flight” in a physically threatening environment because a maximum amount of blood is concentrated in the working muscles.
Conscious control of physiological stress can help you react more relaxed and more efficiently to many stressful situations. Temperature Biofeedback is an established way to learn this kind of control.
Reduce Stress effectively with the eSense Skin Temperature anywhere with your Apple iOS device!
Which Apple iOS devices are supported?
- Apple iPhone ® (3G and higher). Even works with iPhone 5.
- Apple iPad ® (first generation and higher).
- Apple iPod Touch ® (fourth generation and higher).
- Measurements are taken at 10 Hz or 10 values per second.
- One value per second is stored in the App and can also be exported as a CSV file.
- Resolution: 18 bit, rounded to 2 digits after the decimal point. Not rounded for export to CSV.
- Requires no batteries – the eSense Temperature is powered by the iOS device.
The eSense Temperature Package ships with the following items:
- eSense Temperature micro sensor.
- 1 Velcro ® for attaching the sensor.
- eSense Temperature Biofeedback Software.
- Detailed instructions for effective Temperature Biofeedback Training.