The Mindfield eSense Skin Response is a small sensor to measure your skin conductance using two electrodes and the microphone input of your smartphone or tablet (Android or Apple iOS.)
Your skin conductance depends directly on your state of relaxation or stress, making it a commonly used and very precise stress indicator. With the eSense Skin Response, you can precisely identify your stress level and reduce it with biofeedback training.
The eSense provides you in various ways with exact feedback about your momentary stress level, e.g. with measurement curves, video display and audio feedback features.The app for eSense is free, and allows exporting the measured data via e-mail.
For the audio features, the eSense has a headphone jack now, so you can additionaly listen to music or audio books while training your stress level down!’
Skin Response / Skin Conductance
Skin response, also known as galvanic skin response (GSR), electrodermal response (EDR) or skin conductance (SC) is a method for measuring the skin’s electrical conductance, which varies with its moisture level. Conductance is measured in µSiemens (µS) and is the inverse of electrical resistance.
The eSense Skin Response measures skin conductance between two Velcro electrodes attached to two adjacent fingers. Active measurement involves applying a very low, unnoticeable voltage to the fingers.
Which iOS devices are supported?
- Apple® iPhone® (3GS and higher)
- Apple® iPad® (first generation and higher)
- Apple® iPod touch® (fourth generation and higher)
Which Android devices are supported?
- Android Smartphones and Tablets (Version 2.3 or higher)
- Your Android device needs a 3.5 mm input (standard headphone-type connector) for external microphones.
- Measurements at 10 Hz or 10 values per second.
- Five values per second (averaged) are stored in the app and can be exported via e-mail. In the resulting CSV file, five rows represent one second of data.
- Resolution: 18 bit, rounded to 2 digits after the decimal point. Not rounded for export to CSV.
- Mindfield® eSense Skin Response Sensor
- 2 Velcro®-Electrodes
- Free App by Mindfield® on the App Store or Google Play
- Detailed instructions for effective biofeedback training.